Come aboard Winona to relax and enjoy the Humpback Whales, Hawaii’s State Marine Mammal. The Humpbacks are an endangered species that travel to Hawaii from the North Pacific waters off Alaska each winter to breed.
The Kohala Coast of the Big Island is a Marine Mammal Sanctuary and provides these animals a warm and safe environment to give birth and tend to their young.
It also offers us a unique opportunity to witness a variety of dramatic behaviors, from tail slapping and head lunges, to full breaches out of the water. These spectacular 40-ton visitors are here from December to April.
Cruises are offered seasonally and are an hour and a half long. Includes variety of chips and select nuts in sealed bags, water, juice, soda, beer, wine and whale education.
The whales will provide you with memories to last a lifetime!
Scheduling, Pricing & Other Details:
Offered Seasonally (December-April): Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Activity Times: 8:00 am – 9:30 am; 10:30 am – 12 noon; 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Check-in time: 30 minutes prior to activity start time.
Adults: $99.00, plus tax, per person
Children (3-12): $74.00, plus tax per person
- All Activities are Subject 8 Passenger Minimum
- Private Charters are Available
- Departures are from the Boathouse
- Weather Conditions Permitting and Subject to Boat Availability
- Check In Times are 30 minutes Prior to Departure
- Cancellations must be made by 24 hours Prior to Avoid Charge
- All Food and Beverage is Subject to Change without Notice
- Minimum Age to Board is 3
- All guest will be tendered to vessel and will need to be able to climb up from the tender boat onto the catamaran