Come aboard Winona to relax and enjoy the Humpback Whales, Hawaii’s State Marine Mammal. The Humpbacks are an endangered species that travel to Hawaii from the North Pacific waters off Alaska each winter to breed.
The Kohala Coast of the Big Island is a Marine Mammal Sanctuary and provides these animals a warm and safe environment to give birth and tend to their young.
It also offers us a unique opportunity to witness a variety of dramatic behaviors, from tail slapping and head lunges, to full breaches out of the water. These spectacular 40-ton visitors are here from December to April.
Cruises are offered seasonally and are an hour and a half long. Light snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks are included.
The whales will provide you with memories to last a lifetime!
Scheduling, Pricing & Other Details:
Afternoon Whale Watch Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Activity Times 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM & 2:00PM – 3:30PM
Morning Whale Watch on Mondays
Activity Time: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Activity is seasonal running from mid December to mid April
Activity includes: water, juices, soda, beer, wine and dry snacks of assorted chips, salsa and party mix.
Adults: $85.00, plus tax, per person
Children (3-12): $45.00, plus tax per person
- All Activities are Subject 8 Passenger Minimum
- Private Charters are Available
- Departures are from the Boathouse
- Weather Conditions Permitting and Subject to Boat Availability
- Check In Times are 30 minutes Prior to Departure
- Cancellations must be made by 24 hours Prior to Avoid Charge
- All Food and Beverage is Subject to Change without Notice
- Minimum Age to Board is 3